Despite a chaotic year, the benefits and insurance industry remained busy. Here are some of the recent hires, promotions, retirements, and mergers and acquisitions.
Price T. Rowe announced that Crystal williams will lead its Global Distribution Digital Solutions group. Williams has over 30 years of experience in financial services. She joins T. Rowe Price of Arbi Solutions, a consulting firm she founded in 2018. Prior to that, Williams spent over 20 years with Invesco.
RecoveryOne announced the appointment of three senior executives from SWORD Health, MDLIVE and Rally Health:
- Steve Collins as vice president of growth marketing; previously at SWORD Health
- Dan Lee as vice president of customer success and implementation; previously at MDLIVE
- Jacqueline Hager as Vice President of Products; previously at Rally Health
PenChecks Trust and the American Society of Pensioners and Actuaries announced the expansion of its scholarship program for professionals in the retirement industry. It now includes scholarships to achieve 401 (K) Qualified Consultant (QKC), Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA) and Chartered Pension Consultant (CPC) certification, as well as the QKA. The scholarships cover exam registration fees, related exam publications, and the recipient’s first year of ASPPA membership. The award recipients were selected for this year’s scholarships, following a rigorous evaluation process:
For QKA credentials:
- Pamela Lacy, Benefits Specialist at Blue Benefits Consulting, Inc.
- Robert Petsche, RPS Administrator at Heartland Financial
- Eleanor “Lea” Perkins, Pension Consultant at CrossPlans
- Noah Smits, Compliance Analyst at The Retirement Advantage, Inc.
- Kevin Schlitter, 5500 Analyst at Slavic Integrated Administration, Inc.
- Suzanne Romero, Junior Pension Administrator at Retirement Service Group, Inc.
- Oscar Herrada, Compliance Analyst at Slavic401k
- Peter Lee, Pension Representative at Empower Retirement Company
For QKC credentials:
- Emily Martin, Plan Administrator at Parris Associates
- Cody Book, Relationship Manager at Benefit Plans Plus, LLC
- Megan Williamson, Pension Analyst at Dynamic Pension Services
- Rebecca Raymond, Pension Administrator at Professional Benefits Services
For QPA accreditation: Chad Carleton, Plan Administrator at Tennessee Pension Administrators
For the CPC title: Danelle Saucier, Senior Pension Advisor at Leading Retirement Solutions
The morning star will acquire a financial technology company Praemium Limited operations in UK, Jersey, Hong Kong and Dubai. Completion of the Transaction remains subject to regulatory approval. Morningstar and Praemium plan to complete the transaction in the second or third quarter of 2022.
Mutual Freedom announcement Damon hart has been appointed Executive Vice President and General Counsel, effective January 1, 2022. Hart will replace the current Executive Vice President and General Counsel of the Company, Jim Kelleher, who will retire at the end of 2021. Previously, Hart was Deputy Director of Liberty Mutual Legal Counsel in 2020 and prior to that was Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel. He is a founding member of the New Commonwealth Racial Equity and Social Justice Fund, a coalition of black and brown leaders in Massachusetts that works to address and eliminate systemic racism and racial inequality.
Human interest announced to have appointed Abhi Mishra as CTO. Mishra joins the company from Amazon, where his organization has created personalized shopping experiences for Amazon e-commerce customers. He was also Managing Director of AWS, Amazon’s cloud division.
BNY Mellon Wealth Management appointed Huma Mohiuddin as president of the market, Pittsburgh, to lead the region’s wealth management practice. She joined BNY Mellon Wealth Management in 2015 and has held the positions of Senior Director, Wealth Manager, Team Leader and Regional Director. Prior to joining the company, she was Vice President of Investments at JP Morgan.
- Benefits for Industry Journalists: Buck, MedEncentive, CareFirst, MedStar Health, Cigna, Evernorth, Definiti, andros, CloudPay
- Benefits Industry News: ARA, CFP Board, DPL Financial Partners, Employee Navigator
- Social Benefits and Retirement Actors: ARA, Cigna, HUB, Lockton Dunning Benefits, Mercer Global Advisors, Sun Life Financial